Week five was testing out 3D, as it’s a really broad subject we started with a broad brief of tensegrity:
We were put in groups, given string and pieces of wood, most went for a random design and put holes randomly in the walls and hung the string. We went for a spiral design which did end up falling apart but would have been really good had we more than one day. We were aloud to literally hammer into the wall to create our design, even though it was tangled and dropped I think it looks pretty good from this end.
Tuesday we had to draw the design and then the negative space to create a design to inspire a model . We created the models the next day and I used wire to create mine. It’s a tea light which its eerily like something in coralline. I worked in different sized wire using the smaller to attach the larger wire together. I really like this and still have in on my shelf. I really wanted to test out different materials which is why I ended up picking this class over textiles. if I do go into costume I’ll have plenty of knowledge of fabric but this way I can test out other materials.